Saturday, April 30, 2016

SingPoWriMo 2016 Day #30


SingPoWriMo 2016 Day #30

So this is it, the final day!



what have i got myself into?



on waiting to be enlisted
early freaking 70's




so this is it
this is the mousetrap
sprung
i have been listening
to Uriah Heep's The Park'
speaking of loss
and needless wars
looping looping
till the track is
scratched thin on the vinyl.

outside just a floor below
the noon traffic lumbers by
horns angry, tyres screeching,
men swearing in dialects
strange that i did not
noticed it before
those noises
or the stand-fan
in the corner of the room
blades turning
stirring stale air
dust motes settling
on the linoleum
again

i am slouched on the
battered sofa
my mother yells me
to move my ass
nothing interest me now
maybe just the music
or the static
in the head
i am not even
angry anymore
and that's dangerous.

in a couple of days
the army will come for me.


30/04/2016
**********



© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ), 2016

No comments: